Ways to donate
Africa Heartwood Project is an all-volunteer non-profit organization with no overhead or administrative expenses ever taken out of your donations. It is our pledge that 100% of your donated funds go to direct implementation of your pre-selected project.
When making your donation you may indicate which project you would like to support. If not specified, your donation will be used for the project in the greatest need.
- Africa Heartwood Project is a registered 501(c)3 Public Charity in the USA
- Tax ID #: 26-2457812 (see our documents)
- Effective Date: January 7, 2008
- Registered International NGO: Ghana – October 2008 & Liberia – April 2010
- All Donations, contributions, and gifts are tax deductible under IRS code 170
Preferred Donation Method: Card online, processed securely by GoFundMe Charity
Africa Heartwood Project
440 N Barranca Ave. #4483
Covina, CA 91723
Donated goods may be dropped off in person, or mailed to, the address below. We do not pay for shipping expenses, so sending donated goods will be at the donor’s expense. Please follow these instructions:
1. Inspect all items to make sure they are clean and in good repair
2. Pack items in groups of similar items within the package
3. Make a list of all groups of items in each package, including: Product description and material, weight, quantity, condition (new, or Used Grade A (excellent), Used Grade B (good), Used Grade C (fair), and Estimated Value). For new items we require the brand name and country of origin. For example
Package 1: 15 pounds, 12″x15″x22″
Used girls clothing, Grade B, 12 pounds, 29 pieces, Estimated Value $15.00
Used bedsheets, Grade B, 3 pounds, 5 pieces, Estimated Value $6.00
Package 2: 22 pounds, 15″x15″x15″
Used books, Grade B, 22 pounds, 18 pieces, Estimated Value $32.00
Make a copy of the list and put it inside the box, AND write the contents on the outside of the box (or tape a copy of the list permanently to the outside of the box).
4. Mail the package to:
Africa Heartwood Project
Donation Drop Off
1532 State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
5. Email us to let us know the package is en route, and what the contents are. Request a donation slip if you wish to have one.
Africa Heartwood Project is now offering our friends the opportunity to raise funds that will be set aside for specific use as directed by the donor(s). This is called a Donor Managed Fund (DMF). The advantage of a DMF is that your school, office, Boy Scout troop, or any other community or group can make donations which will accumulate until the target amount has been reached. This way you don’t have to hold funds from contributors to your project, and donations can be tax-deductible. Anybody can set up a DMF with Africa Heartwood Project for use in expanding our current projects, or starting new projects exclusively for your group.
Those who wish to contribute to a specific DMF should visit our donation page to find out how you can make your donation, then specify the name of your DMF when submitting the donation. Your money will be held with other donations for that DMF until the project is ready and/or the amount of funding is sufficient.
Past Donor Managed Funds
Contact us today to find out how you can set up an exclusive fund for your own group!
QueerSpirit Village Water Project (est. Oct 2012)
Good Bird Village Water Project (est. Oct 2012)
West Pine Middle School – Wildcat Water Project (Oct 2009 to Sept 2010)
Angelic Connections Village Water Project (Oct 2010 to May 2011)
Our Approach to Donations
From top to bottom, AHP is a labor of love, with no expectation of anything but joy in return. All funds are overseen directly by Andy Jones and the board of directors. Africa Heartwood Project is operated with strict accountability and transparency demanded from the carefully selected project-based vendors and service providers. Measures are always taken to ensure that funds are handled with integrity and properly allocated, enabling us to accomplish as much good as possible with your generously donated money.
When projects require a critical sum of funds before action can be taken, the donated funds are held in dedicated AHP accounts in the U.S and/or Ghana.
We encourage schools, churches, and community groups to hold fundraisers for supporting our endeavors in making a real and lasting difference in the lives of individuals and communities in West Africa Please visit our Volunteers page to get started today!
The Africa Heartwood Project Model
* Local, sustainable resources (including raw materials and labor).
* Appropriate technology that doesn’t require expensive maintenance or ongoing education.
* Voluntary income redistribution through free-market principles (rather than through forced taxation).
* Self-determination and self-reliance on the part of the beneficiary.
* Global partnership and knowledge transfer that is mutually beneficial.
* Trickle-up and trickle-down effects apply (as cottage industries and village economies grow their tax contributions grow – thus strengthening local, regional, and national municipal agencies, and lateral purchases from local vendors strengthens the village economy and inter-dependency).
* Global awareness building through those who experience first-hand the richness and beauty of West African cultures.
Shop to Donate
Donate indirectly to Africa Heartwood Project by buying from certain companies who have designated certain items as charitable sales items, or who have committed a variable portion of their gross revenue to Africa Heartwood Project. Shop now!