"Africa is the womb of the world. When Africa heals, the world will heal." -Shantel Nicole
The Angelic Connections Village Water Project is part of our Donor Managed Funds projects. Inspired by Shantel, networked and organized by Kathy Gambles and Deja Mitchell, drums provided by TribaLoveDancer and DjembeDirect.com, and hosted by the Angel Spa & Retreat and Eccles Community Arts Center – this new drum circle community has committed to sponsor a bore hole in Ghana in Spring 2011.
How this will be accomplished:
- Drum circle fundraising events
- Donations in lieu of gifts for birthdays and holidays
- Sharing the opportunity with friends, co-workers, and family members
Donations can be made through this website by clicking the Donate link above. Make sure to designate your donation for the Angelic Connections Village Water Project. 100% of your contribution will go to fund the direct installation of this bore hole.
Fundraising Goal: $6,500 (USD)
- Oct 24, 2010 – Drum Circle Kick-Off Event: $713.65
- Dec 22, 2010 – Holiday Gift Donations: $215.00
- Jan 1 – Mar 18, 2011 – Private Donations $1,110.00
- Feb 25, 2011 – Ogden Drum Circle: $153.03
- Mar 18, 2011 – Angel Spa Drum Circle: $960.00
- Mar 25, 2011 – Ogden Drum Circle: $753.00
- Apr 17, 2011 – Angel Spa Drum Circle: $1010.00
- April 22, 2011 – Ogden Drum Circle: $1162.75
- Thru May 9, 2011 – Private Donations: $336.23
- TOTAL RAISED: $6,413.66
Donations still needed: $86.34
The beneficiary community who will receive this bore hole is Kofi Tabrikrom – a small village in the Central Region of Ghana, in the Kwanyako area outside of Swedru. Field assessments on Jan 21, 2011 indicated the community was in urgent need of a clean water source, and were prepared to do their part to partner with Africa Heartwood Project to receive the assistance. Geophysical surveying was done immediately, which yielded positive results. On January 25, 2011 the bore hole was successfully drilled and capped. The hand pump was installed on April 11, 2011, and the village water caretakers trained. This marks the completion of this project; the community is now enjoying clean, safe, convenient water!
Photos from the Fundraising Drum Circles and Follow-up Visit to Kofi Tabrikrom in Oct 2011
To see videos and more photos of the Drum Circles, please like our Facebook page and recent postings here: http://www.facebook.com/AfricaHeartwoodProject
Thank you to all who are a part of this grass-roots community movement to bless the lives of many with the gift of life through clean water. Drum on!